Saturday, October 15, 2011

Whatever will be, will be :D


Ever woke up one day and suddenly realised,
It's another year, and it feels like just a day. Another birthday, another wrinkle. Did I do all the things I promised to do at the midnight of the new year? 
me birthday

Well, since my birthday is catching up, lets review a list that I did wayy back in 2008 right in this blog, titled, "things to do before I turn 25."  (refer here)
1. NOT get married.  - haha. this one's a sucker. How would I know.

2. Finish med school.  - yeay!! So happy to say that I didn't have to repeat any year of my med school (thank god).. And I'll be done in 2 weeks! Can you believe it? Neither can I! Please start calling me doc Irma okay after this. hahaha just kidding.

3. Ride rollercoasters with my eyes open all the time - Yes! One time!!! Wohoo!

4.Bungee jump - Nope. Not yet. Never. I learned last year that it could cause retinal detachment! And also, yeah, you could die if the rope snaps. I'm scared of heights. Why is this on the list again?

 5.Travel to a foreign country with friends - I cheated on this one. Went to Australia with my husband. :P

me husband afif

6, 7 : Yes, yes.  and 8, 9, 10, 11 : No No No. 14, 15: I'll figure out one day <3

12. Make my own icecream 
I have two months to my birthday, so I can still make it, hopefully
p/s : I just found the ice cream recipe (without using icecream maker) here !
For those who are interested, lets make em together ! :D

13 . have a peek at the stars thru a telescope
Such a beautiful thought. I really should do this.
I know there is one planetarium at Uni of South Australia (UniSA)!  I'm not sure if they have a telescope (or is it a common knowledge that a planetarium has a telescope ? -- i have no idea. But I'll definitely call them up and see.


taken at brighton beach

So.  
I completed only a quater of this list.
But I'm not disappointed at all, because while I didn't do things that I thought it was important for me 3 years ago, I did some pretty amazing things (and also non-amazing things) that are not on the list.

Reflecting back, I think writing a to- do list is like planning a trip on a tiny raft with a sail on a windy day. You generally know where the wind is blowing on the start of the trip, but have no idea where is it taking you.

I'll definitely write another list again in the future.

Would you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment