Friday, October 7, 2011

Procrastinators, Unite! Tomorrow.....

Hi guys. How are you? Wherever you are, hope it is a wonderful day out there.

Anway, today is Friday, and tomorrow is my IELTS exam day !!! I'm so freaked out...!!!

 And it didn't help that for the past month I haven't been doing much to rectify the problem. Which brings to the next question: Why didn't I? Which brings us to ..

            "the procrastination theory"


I have always been a firm believer that when you procrastinate to do something, there must be a reason behind it. Usually, its because, you-don't-want-to-do-it, but-you-have-to-do-it. (d-oh!) Yeah, but why?

Five years ago, I had a major procrastination going on.

It was when I was doing my A-Levels. I was good at my subjects, have super wonderful friends, the upmost amazing teachers, but one day I just felt that something was off.  Just off. Interest just flew out of the window. I felt like I want to deliberately fail my A Levels.

Its strange. It baffles me. Then it dawned on me that I didn't want to go to India. Not because I'm scared, just because I didn't want to. U get the point right?

So here I am again, procrastinating again, in fact has been procrastinating for the past month. I think it has to do with the probability of me passing the requirement. If I fail to meet the requirement, I'd happily happily go back to Malaysia ! On the contrary, if I pass, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital will give me a job. The job offer will arrive at my doorstep. And I'd get a major headache.

And some of you might be saying: If you don't want to work there, then why are you taking the test? Well, this smartypants didn't know what she wanted a month ago. And since this smartypants can't get her money  back, she might as well sit for the exam.

Anyway, lets not think about the big grey cloud behind all the conspiracy going on in this world. Lets just shoo it outside, bring the sunshine in, and take a big canvas paper, and write :

Dear Irma, you are taking this test just because. That is all. Nothing more. 


Hopefully I will able to get something done tomorrow. Please pray for me.
And make my husband's AUD330 worth it.
Gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment